Valenzuela's Veritas

In ominous times truth always finds a way out from darkness into light. Always. Through truth knowledge grows into the power and strength to question the actions of governance. In times that try men's souls it is those who seek enlightenment who are truly free. Given the choice of possessing ignorance or knowledge, even when ignorance would lead to an easier life, I would choose knowledge,thus escaping the life of sheeple, escaping the bondage of not knowing, not caring and not understanding.

Name:

Manuel Valenzuela is a social critic, commentator, Internet essayist and author of Echoes in the Wind, a novel now published by Authorhouse.com. His essays appear regularly at various alternative news websites from around the globe. Mr. Valenzuela welcomes comments and can be reached at manuel@valenzuelas.net. He encourages readers to surf the collection of over 100 essays he has written which can be found visiting his archives and by searching the Internet. He welcomes comments at euromeximan@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Please Consider a Donation

-------------------------------------

If You Would Like to Donate Please Click on this Link

It has been my pleasure bringing you weekly essays since November 2003, and I hope you have enjoyed my work. It has been a great experience for me. In fact, the last three years have been a thrill.

Like you, I am an average person, needing to work in order to pay bills, student loans and support myself. I am also not independently wealthy. Balancing work and writing, as you can imagine, is not easy, which is why, after careful consideration, I have decided to ask for donations based on the honor system.


I would very much like to have a little extra time, not to mention the energy, to research material and write essays, perhaps on a more regular basis. My solution is to lower the amount of hours I work and begin asking for donations from those readers who enjoy my work and who feel my essays are worth paying for. Based on the honor system, please consider donating any amount you can. I have opened an account on the Amazon Honor System. Any information you would provide to them is protected and secure. If, however, you are not inclined to use the Internet or Amazon for a donation, please email me directly and we can work something out.

My idea is to ask readers to donate as much as they wish, how many times as they wish, from $1 to whatever amount you deem sufficient. One idea I have is to ask for a donation of between 25 and 50 cents for every essay you read, depending on how much you think the article is worth. So, for example, if you read a month's worth of articles, which typically numbers 4, then you could donate from $1.00 to $2.00 per month.

If you have enjoyed my work, please consider donating to my account. Numerous hours of energy go into each article and I consider each essay a genuine product of hard work. I hope you will agree. Thank you and please continue enjoying my essays.

If You Would Like to Donate Please Click on this Link